Lost Password? Register

Please contact us if you need your account activating, please include the username you registered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is drinking ice cold water bad for dogs.
12-01-2011, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2011 04:19 AM by swood.)
RE: Is drinking ice cold water bad for dogs.
Taken from Yahoo answers.
Quote:It's not a good idea. Water should be at room temperature. Giving a dog ice cold water can cause bloat, the second largest killer of dogs.

ETA: For everyone giving the terrible advice that's it's okay, or if you give your dog ice water thinking it cools them off on a hot day, please read the link below. Dogs shouldn't even be given water when they're overheated. You should place cool rags on the peds to cool them down, not give them water - especially ice water:

http://rogersparkdog.blogspot.com/2007/0...rs-be.html
I honestly didn't realise this myself
13-01-2011, 08:06 AM
My dogs over the years have always drank whatever they wanted. I never noticed any detriment or health issues to be honest.
15-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Since Juni is very sensitive with anything, we never gave him water that's cold than room temperature. For an outside dog, I'd make the effort to bring him water from the inside few times a day, so that he's hydrated and won't have to drink that ice cold water. I wouldn't risk any health problems, the vet is actually pretty expensive Big Grin

Travel Forums : Affordable Web Design
22-01-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure, but I hope not. My lab drinks the same water as I do that is from a Brita water pitcher. It's not really cold, just out of the fridge.
12-03-2011, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2011 02:00 AM by LabradorLabby.)
I think it depends on the environment. In the summer my Laby enjoys cold water but in the winter I don't think she likes cold water. Well, obviously. Lol!

Labrador retrievers have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Well the weather is getting warmer now, so now this is not going to so much a problem now. The problem will be the water turning green.

[Image: DSCF1251133x100.jpg][Image: IMAG0132108x100.jpg]
24-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone,.
I think If a dog is thirsty, give him water. There is no need to give them iced water, it is not necessary and may have a negative impact on the dog (I am not sure, but I have heard it can). Just normal tap water is fine.

Sorry, but you cannot advertise in your signature.

--Staff
18-12-2011, 03:31 AM
I think you should give a fresh batch of warm water instead of giving that cold water. The cold weather plus the cold water will just make the coldness worst.

Labrador retrievers have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.